Sunday, February 8, 2009

Economy, etc.



I do wonder how come I've had more sales this month than I ever had, at a time when the economy is supposed to be so terrible. Maybe all the relisting I've done has helped after all.

Speaking of economy, I just realized that economizing has helped me lose 10 lbs. without even really trying. I got my dog in June, and I stopped going to the gym because I was walking him a lot and he was a pup and couldn't be home alone too much. No more need for a gym membership... I walk him 5 miles or so a day, every day, even in those horrible midwest winter days at -30*. Thank goodness I have a tough, outdoor-loving dog. He's such a trooper. He rolls in the snow even when it's that cold. It's still too hot for him! So no more gym membership needed. I do pushups and situps at home and that helps round everything out.

Then turns out Mr. Pup is intolerant of most kibble foods, so I cook for him. Then, I cook more healthy foods for me, too. So I save money by not going out, and I get healthier food. Hurray for a slow economy!!!

Speaking of that, I posted an ad or Freecycle.org about needing meat for my dog (freezerburnt was ok). One lady donated SEVENTEEN LBS! A grocery bag full of tenderloin, 2" thick cuts of pork, bags and packages of chicken breasts, beef liver, sheesh. She said they were past their expiration in the freezer and she didn't want to feed them to her family. Wow. Some were a month past the date, but come on, they were frozen. And well-wrapped. And two lbs. of tenderloin. Wow. I love freecycle.

I sold 8 pairs of underwear in the last week, along with a corset, and a t-shirt. It's making my day.

I finally listed my skirt made from the band concert t of The Cure, which is shown above. You can buy it here.

No comments: