Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's only week 5!

So, for a while there, I thought my summer vacation was almost over.  Then, yesterday, I went to my calendar and counted off the weeks.  It's been five weeks since summer started and there are still SIX weeks left!!  So, really, I still have more than I already had, and since what I already had has seemed long, that's really good!

My pup got injured last week Friday when he was playing ball at the doggie forest preserve.  He stepped on something and ended up with a puncture wound in his paw.  He walked it off then, but the next day, I noticed his paw was swollen to the size of a tennis ball.  We went to the vet, he got 8 pills to take the first few days, and had to wear a cone on his head for a day and a half.  Poor guy.  You can tell he's feeling bad when he doesn't want to walk at all.  Hooray for his Tramadol, though!  It's a great pain reliever, and one I can vouch for, because they gave it to me when I had knee surgery.  Non-narcotic, but super-strong.  No dopey side-effects!

It was very odd having two and a half extra hours in my day from not walking him.  I actually began to feel restless and antsy and, dare I say it.... bored.  At any rate, it's Wednesday, and he's almost back to normal and is walking and running again.  Vet said no walks for at least ten day.  Clearly, she does not have a 2 year old herding breed dog.

Here's Riley yesterday, playing with the puggle I puggle-sit in the evenings:


And speaking of the puggle, he cracks me up.  This poor dog will never understand certain things.  For example, every day when we leave his condo, we turn left. We have been doing this for two and a half years.  And yet, every day, he runs out to the right and doesn't turn around till I tug his leash in the right direction.  I used his face for these items in my zazzle store:


Granted, I stretched the nose out a little using paint.net, but it's such a hilarious facial expression, and the text kinda says it all.

I finally sold a ladybug / kanji skirt I had in my etsy store.  It took over a year and it had a lot of hearts.  I'm not sure why it took so long.

 

So I've been working on a new skirt (yellow and blue with daisies), but my sewing machine kept jamming and it took me a while to realize that it was because there was some sticker residue left on an area where there was a seam.  In the meantime, I have to figure out how to rip out this messes up seam done in such tiny tight stitches (because of the jamming and sewing in place) that I can't even get my seam ripper in to it.

Anyone on yelp?  I have an account there and I spend a lot of time writing reviews during the summer.  You can see my reviews and stuff here.  I wrote so much that I got listed in the newsletter for my "Doggie Places of Interest" list, for being a top yelper, and I got a review of the day.  Wahoo.  Rock on.

That's it for now.  I've got more to say, but why put it all in one post that will get so long that it will inevitably bore someone to tears?  Have a great Wednesday.

No comments: