Friday, November 20, 2009

More penguins

I made yet another penguin stamp in the last two nights.  No pictures as of yet, so will have to upload one later.  I'm on quite a penguin kick lately, and as I got a nice big sheet of pink SpeedyStamp, I can carve to my heart's delight for at least a while.  I also made a small bow stamp that I can use as a penguin hair bow (do penguins need hair bows?) or bow ties.  I am on a total carving kick.

It helps that I am making sales again (amazing what actually putting effort into something will do!).  I sold a penguin shirt I made from a screen made on a piece of curtain fabric and using an embroidery hoop as the frame.  I used screen drawing fluid and filler, but because the screen is held in such a crappy frame, it's starting to crack.  It's okay; I'm trying to move from screens to stamps because I like the variety of designs I can get from three stamps together, as opposed to a screen with a set pattern.  Strangely, a sheet of stamp material is cheaper than a blank screen.  Screens do get clearer results, though.

I also have a potential sale for a customized item from a block as well.  Hurray!  If only I didn't have such "hobby A.D.D.," as my little brother calls it.  He has it, too, btw.   Oooooh, sewing, ooooh carving, oooooh, shoe painting, ooooh, writing!  Never follow through with much.

My dog-sittee, a puggle, was playing tonight with my hyperhund while I was carving and watching t.v.  All of a sudden, there were blood spots on the couch, and they were not from me or my carving utensils (thankfully, I suppose).  Turns out the puggle's ear was bleeding from the rough-housing he and my pup were doing.  He dribbled blood all five doors back down to his place, but I think I staunched it fairly well with Wal-mart Neosporin when we got back to his place.  Left a note for his "daddy."

Speaking of the Hyperhund, now that he has his zap collar, I have had no need to use it, thank goodness.  He has been responding just fine to the vibe option, which is nice.  He had stopped responding to it on his vibe-only collar, but I think it was because the strap was loosening.  This one has a better strap, so we'll see what happens.

That's all for now.  More later.  Must go to bed (at 10:15 on a Friday night!?); I'm so boring!

No comments: